This blog has already looked at the procedural steps that litigants need to take in relation to the changes to the discount rate. The Ministry of Justice has today published a series of documents consulting on possible different approaches.
The Ministry of Justice has put forward a consultation paper on possible changes to the rate that the discount rate is set.
The consultation opens today and closes on the 11th May 2017. (Which means that there is unlikely to be any change to the rate before 11th May 2017 and probably some time considerably after that).
LINKS TO THE DOCUMENTS
- The Overview
- Damages Act 1996 – review of the legal framework
- Damages Act 1996: the discount rate – how should it be set?
- Personal Injury Discount Rate Research
- Discount rate: summary of reasons
- Impact Assessment
- The Personal Injury Discount Rate -How should it be set in future (the consultation paper itself).