December saw some interesting developments in procedure, liability, and costs. Here we round off the month with a review.
POSTS ON PROCEDURE
- Jonathan Holsgrove considered the changes to the way experts are instructed under CPR 35 following the implementation of new guidance from the Civil Justice Council in Instruction of experts under CPR 35 in the age of Mitchell and Denton.
- Nicola Phillipson considered the consequences of failing to file the Listing Questionnaire in Failure to file LQ – Relief from sanctions refused
- Vilma Vodanovic looked at strike out on the grounds of extended non-compliance in STRIKE OUT even when liability admitted and quantum only in dispute
- Ruwena Khan considers Extensions of time to file notices of appeal and relief from sanctions
- The Court of Appeals decision in CP (A Child) v First Tier Tribunal (Criminal Injuries Compensation)  EWCA Civ 1554 was considered by Kate McKinlay in Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA)’s refusal of application for compensation arising out of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Justin Crossley considered the guidance on Recovering inquest costs in civil proceedings