You can find the formal profile of our Senior Civil Clerk on Chamber’s website. However we thought it would be interesting to let you know a few things about Clive, including some things that Clive doesn’t know.
CLIVE AS YOU DON’T KNOW HIM
Clive is a man of many talents. Clive has been a barrister’s clerk since 1970, having been in the navy. He also
- Is a former amateur boxer
- Played darts for County and played all over the UK and abroad
But Clive has ecclesiastical interests being:-
- PCC Secretary for his local Church
- Engaged in Theological Training with the aim of becoming a Lay Reader
Clive is engaged in several legal related matters outside his job.
- Lay Advocate for Leeds Advocacy
- Board member for Leeds Advocacy
- On the Family Justice Board on behalf of Leeds Advocacy
If this is not enough Clive is also.
- An Advanced Driver – Member of the Advanced Drivers Institute
- A Former Private Investigator running own business for some 8 years
- A chef waiting for his first Michelin star.
WHAT CLIVE DOESN’T KNOW
Two huge 10 feet photos of him appeared on stage at the Association of Cost Lawyers’ Annual Conference this year – Gordon Exall was using them to illustrate “an important point of law” (he won’t say what it was).
CLIVE’S LOWEST MOMENT IN CHAMBERS
Several years ago, on a chamber’s canoe trip in Derbyshire, Clive won the award for most capsizes in a morning (12 we think). He could have won the prize in the afternoon as well but he sat it out. Prudence being the better part of valour.